Sunday, September 21, 2008

Uncle Brett Brett

Dear Uncle Brett,

I know that I haven't met you yet but I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and that I love you. I've met both of my grandparents and my two aunts (one of them said that I looked like you!) and two cousins but you are the last one that I haven't met yet. I know that you talked to me when I lived inside of mommy and I recognized your voice when you called last week. I started crying when you hung up the phone because I thought that you might have been in the room but then I realized you were far far away. But my mommy tells me that you love me and that you are excited about meeting me at Christmas time. I will be a big boy then and will be able to play with you better. Maybe you can read me a book or tell me a story? I love to be cuddled and would like it if you would snuggle me. My mommy also tells me that you will come back with adventurous stories to tell me about your travels. She says that if we are both mature enough one day that I can go on an adventure with you and that you can show me a different part of the world. So far I have only been to a few cities but maybe you can help me go to more places. Right now I am very little and can't go many places on my own. But one day I will be big. Well I hope that you are having fun and keep looking at my pictures so that you will not forget about me. Maybe you can see me on Skype video someday. I am hungry now and need to go eat dinner. I love you and can't wait to meet you!
Love, MoMo
PS - is your name really Brett or is it something else?

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Moses,
This letter made my day! Although I don't know you yet either, I have been thinking about you and praying for you everyday. It has been difficult being the only one to not be there, but I know we will have many good times together in the future! You are right-- I spoke to you many times when you were in Meghan's stomach! Your dad and I were trying to get a heads start in teaching you the basics of life, philosophy, and theology! I can't wait to meet you this Christmas! We can read, play, snuggle, and I will tell you stories from China! I have often thought about the future when you can come with me on one of my trips...it will be awesome! (A lot of this depends on whether or not your mother trusts me enough to let me go!) Don't worry- I look at your pictures every day I can, and although I am very far away I feel a strong and real connection with you! I love you and am praying that your name will be a shadow of things to come-- that you will be a strong man of God called out to lead his people. We have so much more to talk about but I will be with you soon. (Then I will more adequately explain the evils of being a red-sox fan.) My name is Matthew but you can definitely call me Uncle Brett-Brett! (I taught you this very important word in the womb!)

Love, Uncle Brett-Brett

P.S.
Meghan- I love you. This made me feel included from so far away. You guys are the best.