Thursday, May 22, 2008

Behind Enemy Lines - Fenway Park

One thing Derrick and I have wanted to do before we leave New England is attend a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. However, for those of you who know the Blanton family well, know that we are die-hard Yankee fans. Our blood is pin strips. But when my dear friend Merry Beth called with tickets for a Red Sox game, even I couldn't resist. Fenway is the oldest ballpark and is famous for the "green monster." The park had such personality and the fans (ie - members of Red Sox nation) make the park come alive. It was a great day for baseball - hotdogs, candy, interesting people to watch, great offensive playing, 2 sets of back to back homeruns, and the Sox won. So even though I had to cross over into enemy territory, I must say that it was well worth it.



2 comments:

Ian and Sally said...

It's good to see that your husband's blood doesn't runneth pin stripes. I would think that "red" blood is the dominant gene, so I guess that means your son will be a Sox fan!

Matthew said...

i am a little dissapointed, but baseball is baseball, and that is a historic place... a lot of losses have happened there!

a new caption for the picture of you guys eating hotdogs:

which one looks more like a girl?

love yall